Want to know a secret about managing an agency, especially with enterprise clients?
At best, only 15% of your time is in building campaigns or driving ROI.
So what’s the other 85%– a bureaucratic waste?
– Training up team members.
– Following up when others drop the ball.
– Processing payroll, paying bills, messing with tools.
– Running marketing and sales campaigns– to field new clients.
– Philanthropic activities- to give back in the way you decide.
– Travel (I’m at the gate in Calgary right now, about to board).
– Building processes and systems,
– Learning via reading, watching videos, and listening to podcasts.
I don’t believe anyone should be working more than 1/3rd of the time since they need 1/3rd of their time to learn and 1/3rd to teach (document process and train your team).
You do the math— what happens if you’re working 75% of the time?
That’s only 25% for learning and building your team.
I’ll bet the reason you aren’t growing, ironically, is that you’re hustling so hard that you can’t delegate to a team or spend the time to improve your knowledge.